MARY MOUNT SEC ARTS CLUB
Arts are a combination of numerous activities i.e. drawing, painting, computer work e.t.c
The club is made up of 60 members .For one to qualify as a member of the club one has to be creative and skilful and one must show cmmittment.The amount of registration varies from different forms i.e.
- Form ones: 200
- Form twos150
- Form threes: 100
- Form fours: 70
The club also has four officials i.e.
- The chairlady: Lorna Akello
- The assistant chairlady: Paulette Moyi
- The secretary: Yvonne Manyala
- The treasurer: Rose waithera
- To enhance creativity
- To discover and improve skills and talents in arts
- To promote culture through arts
Arts also aims to open up career opportunities that one can pursue in future through the skills acquired e.g.
- Fashion and design
- Graphics design e.t.s
1. Trip to Kenyatta University to enhance creativity and sharpen our skills
2. A visit to saint Andrews Turi, to learn more about what they have in their in their arts department.
3Presentation project: This will be presented to visitors from Hampton
4Printing of cards i.e. Birthday cards, Success cards e.t.c
Purchasing the following items
1.A computer and installing the programme chorel draw used in designing and making cards and bookmarks.
2.A printer used in printing.
3.A stylus and a freelow system for the printer. This free flow keeps us always supplied with ink for printing
Through our arts teacher Mr. Njihia we have:-
- painted the schools core values at the hall.
- Taking part in a show at Baraka Agricultural College
- Decorating the school during functions.
Patron:J N GATUNA